The Thinkware U1000 4K UHD Dash Cam is Thinkware’s newest flagship model that delivers sharp native 4K video quality and boasts a comprehensive driver assistance warning system to help keep drivers safe on the road. The U1000 can be accessorized with a 2K QHD rearview camera and hardwiring cable for complete, best-in-class 24/7 all-round protection.
4K UHD is 4x more vivid than HD resolution and provides high-quality capture of every detail. I was impressed when watching my footage back. Thinkware has added feature after feature to this dashcam and that gives me peace of mind when I’m on the road. The 140-degree wide-angle lens view means no more dashcam blind spots in the event of an incident.
Thinkware U1000 4K UHD Dash Cam Features
- Front – 4K UHD (3840 X 2160) @30fps or 2K QHD (2560 X 1440) @60fps
- Rear – 2K QHD (2560 X 1440) @30fps [Optional]
- Front – 8.42MP Sony STARVIS
- Rear – 5.14MP Sony STARVIS [Optional]
- Frame Rate: 30 fps
- Viewing Angle: Front – 150° (Diagonal) Rear – 156° (Diagonal)
- Dimensions(WxDxH): 65 x 110 x 36 mm (2.5 x 4.3 X 1.4 inch)
- Weight: Front – 149g (0.329 lb), Rear – 27g (0.060 lb) [Optional]
- Storage Temperature: -20°~ 70°C (-4°~ 158°F)
- Operating Temperature: -10°~ 60°C (14°~ 140°F)
- Capacity: MicroSD card 32/64/128GB (UHS-I)
- Input Power: DC 12/24V, Built-in Super Capacitor
- GPS: Built-in GPS Antenna
Most impressive, in my opinion, is the incredible Super Night Vision 2.0 upgrade which uses Image Signal Processing technology to capture clear detail even in low light, whether you’re parked or on the move. Thinkware has equipped the U1000 4K with Sony STARVIS sensor technology which improves low light sensitivity and allows clear imaging no matter the light levels.
Using the Thinkware Cloud app with the dashcam is simple and intuitive, and the app itself has many safety features that I hope I’ll never need to use. If you have an impact whilst driving, the app alert feature helps you get in touch with your emergency contact even if you’re unable to do it yourself. Your emergency contact can remotely check on the situation and contact emergency services if necessary.
When the dashcam detects any impact over 3G (4G when driving) it will automatically save the 10 seconds before and after the incident to the Cloud server and send a push notification to the app.
Other warning systems include:
- Red light
- Speed camera
- Average speed
- Mobile zone
- Road safety
- Lane departure
- Front collision
- Urban front collision
- Front vehicle departure
I winced a little at the price of the U1000 4K Dashcam, but once I read up on all the great features and got to experience the warning systems for myself then watched back the high-quality footage I was sold.
Finally, check out our other camera reviews. Don’t forget to connect with the Jabba Reviews team on social media – find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Be the first to comment