The Symbus Q Compact USB-C Dock is a nice looking, stylish, and functional desk accessory. The grey geometric design looks good on my desk, and the wireless charging capability is useful.
This dock adds HDMI, Ethernet, USB ports and charging to your laptop in one compact package. It’s great for working on the move due to the size and light-weight nature which makes this a nice expansion hub that can fit nicely into your laptop bag and not add a great amount of weight. If you’re the type to set up for the day’s work in a coffee shop, you can connect your USB-C devices for video, data, and power, and make use of the QI wireless charging pad to keep your phone battery charged.
The wireless charging is supplied using Q-coil technology that allows charging through cases up to 5mm thick which solves a problem I’ve always run into with other devices. With the Qi certified charging you can use the Symbus Q to fast charge Samsung (10W) and Apple (7.5W) devices. The connectivity options also mean that this is an all-in-one solution to remote working. Having the ability to connect your MacBook or USB-C laptop to an external HDMI monitor and wired internet gives you the ability to utilise facilities at your clients’ offices, or work from another office. You can also connect your peripherals with USB.
Symbus Q Compact USB-C Dock Features
- Compact docking station for any USB-C or Thunderbolt 3-equipped laptop.
- Thunderbolt-3 compatible and 100% plug-n-play, no drivers needed.
- Qi-certified wireless charging.
- Supports Apple 7.5 W and Samsung 9 W wireless fast charging.
- Charges through cases up to 5 mm thick.
- HDMI port for adding an external display (4K@30Hz, 1080p@60Hz).
- Gigabit Ethernet port for wired data transfer up to 1000 Mbps.
- 2 USB-A ports for connecting a keyboard, mouse, or hard drive.
- USB ports offer data transfer at rates up to 5 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 1).
- High-speed USB port for charging your smartphone or tablet (2.1A).
- Full USB PD function for fast-charging USB-C laptops (up to 60 W).
- Integrated Smart LED charging indicator.
HDMI connectivity allows up to 4K output along with digital surround sound, which works well for watching movies using our projector. We’ve also used this connectivity to play games on the TV at home which has been a great experience with high-quality output and clear images and sound. The portability of this makes connecting on the go a breeze. Fast charging for your laptop using the USB PD functionality for your USB-C laptop. There’s a helpful Smart LED indicator to show you the charging status.
I love the style and design of the Symbus Q. The grey is really nice and modern, with a cushioned and non-slip surface which helps your phone stay where you put it when it’s charging. The body is aluminium and looks and feels premium. Moshi have obviously spent a lot of time on the design and they’ve hit the jackpot with this dock.
Find out more about the Symbus Q USB-C Dock and get your own here.
And finally, why not check out our other Charging reviews.