The Ring Spotlight Cam is for anyone that is after more security in their lives. This is a battery-powered HD camera with two-way talk and spotlights, for security anywhere you need it.
Unlike the Ring Spotlight cam’s bigger brother (the Floodlight), this has integrated lights, so the whole cam is just one small unit. It was very
The battery option makes it very easy to move around and place anywhere in your home. The unit comes with one battery but can take two, allowing for an easy switch to charge. This means (when done right) the Spotlight Cam will never power down.
The box packs everything you will need to attach the cam. This includes drill bits and screwdriver. The app allows you to change the range of any
Ring Spotlight Cam Security Camera with LED Specs:
- Power: Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4GHz
- Audio: Two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Video: 1080p HD Video, Live View, Night Vision
- Motion Detection: Adjustable Motion Sensors
- Siren: Remote-activated 110-decibel alarm
- Camera Lens: 140° field-of-view
- Dimensions: 4.96 in. x 2.72 in. x 2.99 in.
- Operating Conditions: -5°F to 120°F (-20.5°C to 48.5°C), Weather-resistant
The view from the Spotlight Cam is good for me, it displays in 1080p and allows me to see most things. Who needs the included night vision, when the floodlights kick in! There is no constant recording for this cam, so when there is no motion it will go into a dormant mode. But when there is movement the whole system appears very quick to wake up, record and notify me.
Attaching the base was easy to do, there were 3 screws, and I managed to just use the screwdriver to attach it. I was able to get around a months worth of battery out before it needed a charge. This can be upped to two months, by tweaking the frequency and sensitivity. The two-way communication is a great addon, as it means you can shout at any baddies in your garden.
If you are after a better security cam for your home, I would highly recommend picking one of these up. After that please check out our other camera reviews.