Advance the way you WiFi on-the-go — the Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router by NETGEAR is the world’s first commercial Gigabit LTE device to achieve maximum download speeds of 1 Gbps, bringing our mobile broadband experience to unparalleled new heights. Combining ultrafast download speeds, support for Cat. 16 LTE Advanced Pro and 4-band Carrier Aggregation into one device, this premium Mobile Router provides the best Internet connection experience possible whether it is used on-the-go, at home, or during your travels.
The Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router device is a device that can allow up to 20 devices to connect to the internet. This is all through one mobile connection. I found this was useful when on holiday, as we could use one sim card across 5 different devices to keep a good stable internet connection. We tested with Facetime and had no issues making calls.
I will add that though the device can reach speeds of up to 1Gbs, it will be limited by the mobile data connection you use with it. So for us, we never got near, topping off at around 50Mbs.
It’s a curved square shape around 2cm thick. It has a circular color screen in the middle. You can control the screen with the on/off button, would have been nice to have a touch-screen. You can see how much data has been used.
There are a couple of bits of IO. A type-A USB port and a USB-C port, along with an Ethernet plug. I tended to use the type-A for charging a device.
Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router Features:
- Connect and share with up to 20 WiFi devices on-the-go
- Supports LTE CAT 16, LTE Advanced 4-band Carrier Aggregation, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM
- Dual-Band 2.4GHz/5GHz dual concurrent WiFi
- Media Streaming from microSD, USB or external hard drive to all connected devices
- Travel Router with WiFi/Ethernet offloading capabilities
- Improved JumpBoost feature to charge smartphones and small portable USB devices
- Contact your mobile service provider for more SIM card compatibility information
Overall, if you travel this is a must-have accessory. It allows you and other people to connect to one hotspot and monitor the traffic. Finally, check out our other digital home reviews, or find us on Facebook and Twitter.