The NETGEAR GS305 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch packs a high-performance metal case providing an easy, reliable and affordable connection for your home network.
NETGEAR GS305 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch Features:
- Choice of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Energy-efficient technology for power savings
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- Non-blocking switching architecture for maximum throughput at wire speed
- Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and an end device
- Fanless design for silent operation
The NETGEAR GS305 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch provides easy and affordable network connectivity to home offices. It’s easy to use, reliable, and rugged with those metal enclosures. You can quickly and easily expand your network connections to multiple devices, with no configuration required.
The switch itself is sleek, with a low profile design. The backs and sides feature vents, but under test environment never got too hot. Speed-wise I was able to stream a 4K film on my Nvidia Sheild, whilst the wife had a Zoom call. Furthermore, there were no interruptions or drops in either quality. Set up was easy, as this involved plugging in my BT Router and then plugging in my four devices.
Overall, the NETGEAR GS305 Unmanaged 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch is a great switch for any home office. Finally, check out our other Digital Home reviews. Also, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.