The Nanoleaf Shapes Starter Kit Sonic Limited Edition is a complete kit bundle that comes with 32 Shapes panels: 4 Triangles + 28 Mini Triangles. Arrange them into the shape of Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles, or design your personalised layout!
As they are directly behind my screen I only have them on at 30 – 40% brightness. At this brightness it is more noticeable that the colour on the panels is not uniform over the whole panel and there are dark patches close to the vertices of the hexagon. On some panels, there is also a very small amount of white light bleed at the vertices as well which slightly spoils the effect. A minor point but as other reviewers have pointed out these are not cheap to buy in the first place. I don’t believe this was as big an issue with the original triangles nanoleaf brought out.
It took a few attempts for it to detect my wi-fi but once it was set up it works fine. Putting them on the wall was stressful but actually quite easy to do in the end. Just make sure you get the first panel lined up correctly!
Nanoleaf Shapes Starter Kit Sonic Limited Edition:
- Depth: 1 CM
- Modular touch-reactive light panels elevate the concept of smart lighting into a creative journey of design.
- 16M+ colours with 1200K-6500K white light temperature range and brightness control.
- A specific playlist of pre-saved Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Scenes available on the Nanoleaf App.
- Activate the Rhythm Mode while watching your favourite Sonic the Hedgehog 2 scenes.
- With the Screen Mirror feature, your PC screen activity is reflected onto your lights for an immersive movie experience.
- Simple drill-free installation with the included Mounting Tape.
- Flexible control through touch, voice assistants, Nanoleaf App, manual controller, and more.
- Enjoy touch-enabled experiences. Watch the light panels respond dynamically to your touch or play interactive games.
- Height: 20 CM
- Width: 23 CM
The nanoleaf app on android is nicely presented but on the odd occasion doesn’t react e.g. I switch the panels off using the app and sometimes doesn’t work until I do it again. I installed the app on Windows 10 as well and to be honest it isn’t that much better.
It was labelled as a beta version and I would say that about sums it up. The app does allow you to configure various colours, patterns, timings etc. which is good.
As far as I can tell, it needs wi-fi to operate i.e. after setting it up it lost wi-fi connection one morning and I couldn’t really do anything with the panels. Even pressing the buttons on the separate control panel provided didn’t seem to make a difference.
Overall, I don’t regret getting the Nanoleaf Shapes Starter Kit Sonic Limited Edition. The price is high for the niggles I have experienced, but it looks sick!