The Evapolar evaCHILL is a great product for me as I hate using fans when it’s hot. Fans tend to just push hot air around. While the evaCHILL uses water and pushes air through it. Making it a cooler breeze.
The Evapolar evaChill is a small personal air conditioner. No way powerful enough for a whole room, this has been designed for a desk or a sofa. It comes in at around 172 x 170 x 170mm. This makes it no bigger than my phone. There is the tank at the back, with a handle. The front grill can be moved up or down, meaning you can aim the cool air.
I would have liked to see it oscillate, but you can move it to point in the right direction. Apart from the filter, everything is built-in. So you can take the whole evaCHILL by the handle to the tap to be filled.
The evaCHILL doesn’t use a pump to move the water, there is a removable cartridge that collects it. Each cartridge lasts three to six months, so make sure to buy spares. There isn’t any way to know when the cartridge has expired, except you aren’t as cool anymore.
Evapolar evaCHILL Features
- 3-IN-1: Cools, humidifies, and cleans dust particles from the air for healthier breathing. You don’t need more to have several devices like air conditioner and humidifier.
- NON-ORGANIC MATERIALS – NO BACTERIAS: Eva Breeze, the new evaporative material that we use, carries no organic materials, so it won’t harbor disease-causing bacteria, no toxic Freon-like liquids and uses fully biodegradable evaporative pads.
- FOR PERSONAL USE – Cools the area in front of the device (45 sq. ft. ), approximately the size of a desk, couch or bed
- LEAKAGE-PROOF SYSTEM and Intuitive and easy to understand user control pad
- ENLARGED WATER TANK, increasing the working time up to 9 hours
There is one single button on the evaCHILL. You can long-press it, to activate the water tanks LED. You can then control the speed of the fan with short clicks. The button will light up differently on each speed. A nice addition is when you unplug it to fill it up, it’ll remember the last setting when it turned back on again.
I found on a medium setting this was cool enough for me, in an office clocking around 33 degrees c. The fan isn’t that loud on this settings either, but you tend to not notice it after a while. I found I had to refill the tank every 3 hours. A nice trick is to pre-soak the cartridge before filling the tank, this gives you an extra hour.
It uses a single USB-C plug at the back, which can be powered by a PC, plug or even an external battery.
For anyone who gets too hot in the office, this is a great addition to your desk. It’s small, quiet and by using a water tank will keep you cool. Finally, check out our other digital home reviews.