With more people working from home and more devices under each roof than ever before, NETGEAR is showing how to stay in control of your time – and your home WiFi.
Trends predict that working from home may soon become a regular habit for many of us, rather than an occasional treat. Also, it will mean less time commuting and more time with our families. However, it requires discipline to stay productive. Especially when the kids are home from school and the house is filled with devices all draining bandwidth. Finally, home networking expert, NETGEAR, is offering some tips for staying as productive in the home office as you do in the real one.
8 Tips from NETGEAR to Improve Home Productivity
- Avoid distractions – A quick check of Instagram can become an hour of mindless scrolling. Also, log out of social media accounts and remove them from your browser shortcuts. Instead of tidying the whole house, set a goal and turn a wash cycle into a work timer. Ensure kids are set up with devices and ways to entertain themselves.
- Ditch the pyjamas – It’s easy to slip into bad habits when the boss isn’t watching. Pretend you are going into the office. Have a shower and dress well. The mental association puts our brains into ‘work mode’ and make us more productive.
- Make sure your router can handle the demands – You need to stay connected to stay productive. A WiFi 6 system such as Orbi WiFi6 offers 4x capacity compared to a WiFi 5 system. It can help users to knuckle down and stay that way, no matter who’s playing Xbox upstairs or streaming movies in the next room.
- Plan the night before – Write a to-do list the night before so you can get started as soon as you’ve made your coffee. Structure each day as you would if you were in the office, including what time you’ll finish.
- Make the most of the morning – Without the commute to wake us up properly, give yourself an early start and time to shake off your bed. Early morning is a good time to make some headway on big projects with fewer distractions. Also, giving in to sluggishness first thing will haunt you for the rest of the day.
- Create a workspace – Not the sofa or your bed. A proper table, desk, or separate room, with a good chair, to help get you into the right frame of mind. Furthermore, consistent decluttering will make it feel more like an office.
- Reward yourself with regular short breaks – Whether it’s running an errand, the next level on that game or taking the dog for a walk, short breaks will help you recharge, keep focus and avoid burnout.
- Eat and sleep well – It’s easy to sleep in or resort to unhealthy snacking when you’re busy working from home. Also, stay hydrated, get a regular 8 hours and snack on oil-rich nuts and antioxidant-filled berries to improve memory and motor coordination instead.
Orbi WiFi 6 System AX6000 (RBK852)
- WiFi System includes a WiFi router and one satellite.
- Built for the gigabit internet speeds everywhere – innovative Tri-band WiFi helps maximise the internet speeds available to every device, in home up to 4,000 sq. ft.
- Blazing-fast Mesh WiFi coverage from front door to the garden and in every corner of your home. Also, a dedicated quad-stream WiFi 6 backhaul allows up to four data streams on each band.
- From 1 to 100 devices, WiFi 6 supports your connections for today and tomorrow. Users can enjoy 4K/8K UHD streaming and online gaming to multiple screens simultaneously, with no interruptions to work emails.
- The Netgear Orbi works with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant so you can use voice commands to control your home WiFi network.