Having listened carefully to feedback from valued customers, Sony is pleased to announce a firmware update to its industry-leading noise cancelling truly wireless WF-1000XM3 headphones. This new 2.0.2 firmware now includes improvements that allow:
- Amazon Alexa support
- Volume control via the headset
- Visible battery level of the charging case in the Sony | Headphones Connect app
The firmware is downloadable from the Headphones Connect app and is live on Sony.co.uk here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wf-1000xm3/downloads/00016432
The Headphones Connect app is available for free on Google Play or App Store.
- An android device (v5.0 or later) or an Android device (V5.0 or later) or an iOS device (iOS 11.0 or later*)
- NOTE: If you are using iOS 13.1, please update to iOS 13.2 or later and then perform the update.
- An active Internet connection
- The latest version of the “Sony | Headphones Connect (v6.0.0 or later)” application must be installed.
- The headphones must be connected to your Android or iOS device.
The WF-1000XM3 truly Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones are available in Black and Platinum Silver. They feature a capsule design, as opposed to the Apple hockey-stick design. The outside is a smooth matte material, with a circle on each for the touch-sensitive buttons.