Forager Nintendo Switch Review

Forager Nintendo Switch



Forager on the Nintendo Switch is a 2D open-world game inspired by your favorite exploration, farming, and crafting games

  • Gather, collect and manage resources.
  • Craft useful items & structures.
  • Build and grow a base out of nothing. Buy land to expand and explore.
  • Level up and learn new skills, abilities, and blueprints.
  • Solve puzzles, find secrets and raid dungeons!
  • Achieve anything you want! The choice is yours, you set your own goals to work towards!

Start small and improve your base, skills, equipment, network of friends (and enemies!) and build your future as you see fit!

Forager is a casual game. This isn’t a Doom kinda game, you never fully “finish” you will just continue playing. You start on a small map and gather resources. These can be used to make gear and as such get better resources. You can start to make money, which can be used to buy more map, and get you more resources. You are encouraged to keep playing and grow your world.

Forager Nintendo Switch Announcement

As you play you will earn XP, which levels you up and can get you more skills. There are different sections for the skills, so you could be like me and go for a balanced upgrade. You could also just concentrate on farming if you wanted to.

Forager Nintendo Switch Review

It’s the kinda game you can play for an hour and then leave for a week. It has great replay value and is so easy to get back into after a break.

90% of the game will be (as the name suggests) foraging for resources. You will go from map to map and clear it of any resource. Therefore, the other 10% is spent on dungeons, quests, and puzzles which are all over the maps.

Forager Nintendo Switch Review

Dungeons are a set of rooms which are all connected. Rooms will contain puzzles and enemies. This will end in a boss battle, which will drop a weapon once defeated. But I will say that combat is not Foragers strong point. This is highlighted by the lack of dungeons in the game.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with the puzzles, that are scattered in the new worlds you unlock. These are not overly complicated but quite memorable.

Forager Nintendo Switch Review

Forager has development plans up to 2020, so its a game that will keep growing over time. It’s a casual game, for when you need a break. Finally, check out our other gaming reviews.

About JabbaReview 2058 Articles
Finally, make sure to check out Jabba Reviews for more deals and reviews. Also, don’t forget to connect with the Jabba Reviews team on our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.